It is sometimes hard finding an attorney who also understands your business. Our attorneys have worked in Government, private industry and been successful entrepreneurs in their own businesses. We bring this experience in management, operations, technology and finance to our work for clients.
We offer specific counseling services in the areas of contract formation, administration and dispute resolution, such as:
- Analyzing RFPs, RFQs, and IFBs for the legal issues surrounding contract specifications, requirements and deliverables. Advising on when and how to ask for clarification and changes in the solicitation. Supporting proposal preparation, by verifying counseling on the legal requirements of the solicitation. NOTE: Because of our representation in bid protest cases, we do not engage in competitive decision-making, such as deciding whether or what to propose, or pricing.
- Drafting and negotiating Government-contract related licenses, teaming agreements, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Developing and implementing company-wide risk management systems which address the unique business requirements associated with selling to the U.S. Government. These systems, in the areas of corporate compliance, employment practices, buying and subcontracting, contract administration and cost accounting, are designed to equip line personnel and management with the tools to identify and process recurring contract matters requiring input from multiple areas within the company.
- Resolving performance and contract compliance issues through pre-litigation discussions and negotiation with Government representatives, and supporting these efforts by our clients.
- Preparing and prosecuting claims arising from changes and Contracting Officer determinations involving cost allowability, defective pricing, terminations, differing site conditions, delay and disruption, and breach of contract.
- Counseling clients on resolution of source selection disputes including investigation and evaluation of potential bid protests and recommendations on choice of forum.
- Investigating fraud, false claims, qui tam, and whistleblower allegations. Representing clients during suspension and debarment proceedings, and working with white-collar criminal counsel during investigations and related proceedings. Joseph Petrillo co-authored an article on Facing a Fraud Investigation for Federal Publications’ Briefing Papers.