Petrillo & Powell, P.L.L.C. emphasizes responsive and focused service for our clients. We understand that our clients come to us for problem resolution and risk avoidance, and we act appropriately. Our approach to counseling and representation may differ from that of other firms. With extensive experience in all phases of the Government acquisition process, Petrillo & Powell, P.L.L.C. understands the time and resources involved to provide a cost-effective, prompt solution, which fulfills the client’s specific and long-term needs. Since the billable hour is not always a correct measure of the worth or value of our work, we will consider, and where appropriate propose, alternative billing arrangements.
Seven Reasons NOT to Retain Petrillo & Powell
Petrillo & Powell, P.L.L.C. emphasizes responsive and focused service for our clients. We understand that our clients come to us for problem resolution and risk avoidance, and we act appropriately. Our approach to counseling and representation may differ from that of other firms. To illustrate some of these differences, we have compiled the following list.
1) You want lawyers to turn over every stone, even when the answer is in plain view.
We believe in being efficient and thorough, not in producing billable hours as an end in itself.
2) You aren’t comfortable unless you have the highest-priced lawyer in Washington, D.C.
Our rates are reasonable and moderate. For truly astronomical rates, you should go elsewhere.
3) You think the names on the letterhead are more important than the name on the signature line.
When you retain our firm, you know who will be directly responsible for your project. You won’t be shunted off to the lawyer with the lightest caseload. (Ever wonder how he got to be the lawyer with the lightest caseload?)
4) You like to see rare hardwoods and the work of prominent artists in your lawyers’ offices.
The way we impress our clients is with the quality and responsiveness of our services. If you want to see great art, Washington has many fine museums.
5) Your approach to quality work is summarized in the phrase, “the more lawyers, the better.”
We don’t overstaff our cases.
6) You insist on “one-stop-shopping” for professional services.
We focus on being as good as possible at what we do, and we don’t try to do everything. If you need expertise in other disciplines, we can help you find competent professionals, or we will gladly work with the subject matter specialists you normally turn to.
7) You hope that a politically-connected senior partner will “fix” your problem.
Unlike the depictions in TV shows and movies, most problems don’t get solved in back-room deals. That well-connected partner didn’t amass his or her influence by expending it on every client’s problem. We have credibility with those in our field, in and out of Government, and know how to get realistic results.