The attorneys of Petrillo & Powell, PLLC are prepared to assist financial institutions and their clients with the unique requirements of financing Federal Government contracts, including:
- Complying with the Anti-Assignment Act, and getting maximum protection under it.
- Modifying commercial documents (such as purchase agreements) for the Government contract context.
- Understanding and using GSA-standard leasing terms for information technology and other items.
- Maximizing recovery in the event of an early lease termination.
- Understanding Federal appropriations and finance.
In addition, we represented a financial institution that participated in a Contractor Team Arrangement under the GSA Schedule program in a lease of computer equipment. The Board agreed that our client was entitled to file and litigate a claim in its own name, and did not have to act through the equipment supplier. Key Federal Finance, CBCA 412, April 19, 2007, 07-1 BCA ¶ 33,555. This set a precedent later followed in Lockheed Martin Aspen Med Services, Inc. v. HHS, CBCA No. 2054, 11-1 BCA ¶ 34,624.